About the course
We are extremely happy to announce 13th edition of Poznan Summer School of Bioinformatics that will take place online on 5th-9th July 2021. This year the course will cover high-throughput data analysis in plant biology, including subjects like differential gene expression, miRNA analysis, genome variants calling, proteomics or metabolomics. The course is suitable both for beginners and for those who already have some basic knowledge in bioinformatics and find it necessary and interesting to learn more about bioinformatics applications in omics-related studies.
The course consists of lectures and hands-on. This combination should fit best your needs as you have a chance to try out the discussed methods yourself.
Main topic: High-throughput technologies in plant research
|1||Introduction to Linux|
|2||Introduction to next-generation sequencing|
|3||RNA-Seq: gene expression estimation, differential expression|
Our guests and instructors
- Gordon Simpson, keynote speaker (University of Dundee, Dundee, UK)
- Tino Köster (Bielefeld University, Bielefeld, Germany)
- Anna Piasecka (Xenstats, Poznan, Poland)
- Paweł Krajewski (Institute of Plant Genetics, PAS, Poland)
- Piotr Ziółkowski (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland)
- Jesus V. Jorrin Novo (Universidad de Cordoba, Spain)
- Marek Żywicki (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland)
- Jan Kosiński (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland)